Dual enrollment is defined as a student simultaneously receiving high school credit toward a high school diploma and college credit toward a certificate, diploma, or degree. Northwest LTCC provides high school students in its nine parish service area who are at least 16 years of age with Career and Technical Education dual enrollment opportunities. Sometimes the courses are offered on the high school campuses and sometimes the courses are offered at one of Northwest LTCC’s three campus locations.
Benefits of Dual Enrollment
- Enriches the course opportunities for high school students
- Accelerates the completion of a career and technical education certificate, diploma or degree, which saves students and parents money
- Enables students to explore occupational interests
- Promotes rigorous educational pursuits
- Encourages lifelong learning
- Enables grades earned through dual enrollment to become part of the students’ permanent college transcript
Want to get a jump start on life?
Register for Dual Enrollment.
High school students who are at least 16 years of age that are interested in CTE dual enrollment with Northwest LTCC should contact their counselor for more information. For more information contact:
Red River and DeSoto parishes
Contact Student Services at the Mansfield Campus
Caddo and Bossier parishes
Contact Student Services at the Shreveport Campus
Webster, Claiborne, Bienville parishes
Contact Student Services at the Minden Campus
After you register, check your class schedule to confirm enrollment; then be sure to:
- Visit the Northwest LTCC Online Bookstore to order your textbooks.
- Note your Tuition and Fee Payment deadlines.
- Get your Student ID Card.
Call your campus and ask to speak with the Student Services Representative or speak with an instructor in your program of study.