Follow these steps to become enrolled at Northwest Louisiana Technical Community College. Should you need any assistance along the way, please contact Student Services.
Step 1: Complete Application for Admission (WHEN DO I DO THIS? As soon as possible.)
- Complete NLTCC's Online Admissions Application.
- Submit Proof of Immunization Compliance or a Waiver to the Student Services.
- Submit Verification of Registration with Selective Service (males age 18-25 only).
NOTE: Admission to the college does not guarantee enrollment in courses for a particular program.
Step 2: Submit Placement Materials (WHEN DO I DO THIS? As soon as possible.)
- Submit a copy of your high school transcript or equivalency diploma showing successful completion of high school curriculum to have placement testing waived for applicable programs. Placement testing maybe waived if previous ACT/SAT/COMPASS/ACCUPLACER test scores are submitted to Student Services and meet the program entrance requirements. Please visit Student Services for more information about taking the ACCUPLACER (Classic, New Generation) test. Use the codes below to have CLEP, SAT, and AP scores sent to NLTCC.
- Score Recipient Code for CLEP: 7197
- College Board Designated Institution (DI) Code: 7818
- Submit an official college transcript(s) from colleges/institutions you previously attended, if you will be transferring credit or using credit toward fulfilling pre-requisites. (You must have earned a "C" or better for credit to transfer.)
- Transcripts must be submitted in the following ways:
- In a sealed envelope from the college/university; or,
- Mailed directly from the college.
Step 3: Complete FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid (WHEN DO I DO THIS? As soon as possible.)
- It is not required, however all students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA each academic year to determine eligibility for aid, loans, scholarships, TOPS, etc.
Visit the NLTCC Financial Aid site for more information about the different types of grants and loans offered. To understand more about how the application process works, check out How to Apply for Financial Aid.
Step 4: Pay Tuition and Fees or Make Payment Arrangements
- NLTCC offers several payment methods including:
- Online payment, payment in person, or check/money order
- Installment Payment Plans help you spread the cost of college over several payments
- Financial Aid will be applied to your student account